Almost everyone enjoys having choice when they’re considering a purchase. For car insurance, Northern Ireland is becoming increasingly capable of offering that choice to potential policyholders.
- The old days of having little or no choice for car insurance here are increasingly being consigned to history. It’s not perfect yet or comparable to the mainland UK but things are changing fast and choice is increasing.
- As choice and competition is increasing, you may find that prices are reducing – though that assumes you are making the effort to exercise your choice.
- Although larger numbers of insurers are now again offering their products in Northern Ireland, it has to be admitted that it’s not the norm for many others.
- That means that finding those that do is something of a slog through lots of individual web sites – unless you take steps to shortcut the search. That’s possible because there are web sites that contain contact lists of insurers that are offering their car insurance products into Northern Ireland.
- If you are looking for car insurance, Northern Ireland is no different to other places in that you may typically be able to help reduce your premium by taking a few steps including:
- not parking your vehicle on a public road when parked up overnight;
- using additional approved security devices or fitting trackers etc;
- avoiding customising your engine or changing it for more powerful versions;
- avoiding inexperienced drivers on your policy;
- keeping your licence and those of other insured drivers, free of motoring convictions.
Having access to lists of insurance providers should make it easier for you to access choice and choice typically equates to a higher probability of finding suitable deals and suitable prices.
So, for car insurance, Northern Ireland is becoming easier. A little effort and a determination to do something different to your normal practice may result in you improving your cover and/or reducing your costs.